Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Social Network

Ever since seeing the trailer for the movie "The Social Network," I've been so inspired. I know it sounds corny to be inspired by a movie trailer, but I just was. It's pretty incredible to think that a twenty-five year old guy created his own internet empire just from the comfort of his own dorm room. It makes you think, that if he could do that, then why can't I do it, or anyone else.

Mark Zuckerberg created facebook with the intent of making an online yearbook, so him and his friends could interact with other classmates and talk to them via internet. At first it was just created for Harvard, but was later sent out to forty different schools. He and his roomates had no idea that in a few years, their online yearbook would turn into a worldwide following. Starting off with only a few hundred users, Facebook has skyrocketed to over 600million.

I think it's absolutely incredible how Zuckerberg created his own website from the ground up, and is now worth billions of dollars. He's an inspiration to me. I would love to be able to do something like that. I can't wait for the movie to be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment